1. Technology of education is most simply and comfortably defined as an array of tools that might prove helpful in advancing student learning and may be measured in how and why individuals behave. Educational Technology relies on a broad definition of the word "technology.
2. " Technology can refer to material objects of use to humanity, such as machines or hardware, but it can also encompass broader themes, including systems, methods of organization, and techniques. Some modern tools include but are not limited to overhead projectors, laptop computers, and calculators
3. process of developing human capability. Educational technology includes, but is not limited to, software, hardware, as well as Internet applications, such as wiki's and blogs, and activities. But there is still debate on what these terms mean.
2. Explain the difference of the following :
a. Educational Technology - is the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using and managing appropriate technological processes and resources. B
b. Instructional Technology - "the theory and practice of design, development, utilization, management, and evaluation of processes and resources for learning,
c. Technolgy in Education - When students were succeeding in school with no technology, we were also living in a world with little technology, and preparing students for life in a world where technology wasn't a part of their daily lives.
d. Insructional Media - Instructional media encompasses all the materials and physical means an instructor might use to implement instruction and facilitate students' achievement of instructional objectives. This may include traditional materials such as chalkboards, handouts, charts, slides, overheads, real objects, and videotape or film, as well newer materials and methods such as computers, DVDs, CD-ROMs, the Internet, and interactive video conferencing.
e. Educational media - Educational media is the process through which individuals become media literate - able to critically understand the nature, techniques and impacts of media messages and productions.
3. What is the Primary Concern of Educational Technology 2 course in your own opinion?
It needs to improve because it is the start or stepping stone to be a better teacher someday. Through creating , using and managing some technological techniques to learn.
4. Give two (2) concrete examples used in actual classroom environment of each edgar dales “ THE CONE OF EXPER Each of these activities or experiences is a chance for the students to learn new information and/or practice what they already know. Each activity and experience has merit and therefore should be incorporated into any second language program. In the following section we will look at Dale’s Cone of Experience and see how the information contained within this model can be used to structure a second language program so that all types of learning experiences are used to maximize student progress.IENCE “
a. Participate in hands on program
b. Design Collaborative lessons.
5. Give your reflection with regards to what have you learn so far on his preliminary term.
Well for me , it should be learn by the future teacher or even all teachers now a days .. it is really a helpful one because no one can teach kids like a good teacher if they will have techniques that can be an advantage to have good style of teaching.
_____________________ end _____________________________