In this ranking, Forbes said it had shortened the list to 67 people. This figure is adjusted to the approximate amount that the current world population reaches 6.7 billion.
"The purpose of the preparation of this list is to mengkhabarkan power and not mengagungkannya, and from time to time will reveal how power is easily lost kerana hard to achieve it," said the magazine.
World leaders and industry leaders dominated the top 10 list. According to Forbes it is assessed on the amount of influence, beyond the capability of power, control kewangan and how people actively engaged in power.
Here's a list of the top 10 most powerful people in the world according to Forbes:
1. Barack Obama (U.S. President)
2. President Hu Jintao (Chinese President)
3. Minister Vladimir Putin (prime minister of Russia)
4. Ben Bernanke (Gabenor central bank)
5. Sergey Brin and Larry Page (founders of Google)
6. Carlos Slim (executive chairman of Telmex, Mexico)
7. Rupert Murdoch (chairman of media group News Corporation.)
8. Michael T. Duke (chief executive of Wal-Mart)
9. King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz (the king of Saudi Arabia)
10. Bill Gates (founder and owner of Gates Foundation)