Abdul Qoyyuum ∙ 37 weeks ago
Pros for using your name as the domain name:
1. Its unique.
2. Great for self-establishment
3. Branding yourself shouldn't be as hard as a company name like "Google". Think about that.
4. It shows that you own it and nobody else can have it.
5. Feels more relax that its about you, yourself and noone else.
Cons for using your name as the domain name.
1. You cannot sell this domain name to anyone else. Unless their name is exactly like yours.
2. If you're planning to have this domain name site as a business, be careful of yourself and public appearance. Just like any company, there are others out there willing to bring you down with bad feedbacks or any negativity from the society. Probably jealous of your awesome skills.
3. It does not explain to visitors what your website is about at first glance at the domain name. Unless its www.magic-louis.com or something like that, it may give them a hint.
4. It will be a lifetime commitment.
Hope this helps you mate. I've already made my commitment with mine.